Monday, August 5, 2013

The Twelfth Hour

source: www.theverge.com

Fellow Whovians can now rejoice! Yesterday, the twelfth Doctor was announced during a live television event broadcasted on BBC. I live streamed the event due to the fact that I have basic cable which sadly doesn't include that channel. 

For those who don't know, the twelfth Doctor is to be played by Peter Capaldi. Although I am not really familiar with his work  (besides The Fires of Pompeii episode of Doctor Who) but the second he stepped onto the stage, I knew I was going to love him.

First of all, he just looks like a Time Lord to me. I can't really explain it but if I saw him in the street, I would secretly picture him as a Time Lord.

Second, I really like that he is older. I think that it will add a dynamic that was often seen in the older Doctor Who but not in the new Doctor Who. I hope that in having an older Doctor with a younger companion, we can have a season, like Donna's season, where the Doctor and his companion are just friends and the companion doesn't have romantic feelings for the Doctor.

On another note, I will miss Matt Smith and his bow ties and tweed blazers. I did love his Doctor just like I loved all the previous Doctors I've seen. However, I'm excited to welcome aboard Peter and am anticipating what he will bring to the role. 

Don't forget that twelve doctors means official Doctor clocks and calendars! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment